Sometimes I have plenty of scattered thoughts about the world of sports that I'd like to share but really don't deserve their own blog post. So today I decided to
- Will any team in the NFL take a chance on Tank Johnson? I don't even think the Bengals would give him a one-year deal at this point.
- Andy Roddick looked hungry and focused this morning. I'm not saying he's going to win, but I will say he could drum up some interest on the men's side with a run at the Wimbledon final.
- Is last night's 9th inning 2-out 2-run double a sign that Travis Hafner is coming out of his two-month slump?
- I may be alone here, but I really like "Flight of the Conchords."
- Last night's 6pm SportsCenter Die Hard tie-in was a complete joke.
- I love Deadspin almost unconditionally but their new layout is making me physically ill.
- Only two picks in the NBA Draft interest me: 1 and 3. Additionally, I'll be turning back to baseball once Mike Conley Jr. is drafted. I may flip back if I hear the Cavaliers buy into the first round.
- Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce -- none of these players will be traded this offseason.
- The New York Yankees are 100% unequivocally dead in the water.
- If ESPN got a TV contract for the Southeast Atlantic League, would they promote single-A baseball games like they do with the AFL (which is clearly the 4th tier of pro football world-wide behind the NFL, CFL and NFL Europe)?
- The Seattle Mariners are a nice story but will be out of the Wild Card race by the end of August.
- The way they have all 32 teams' war rooms on the floor at the NHL Draft is pretty freaking cool.
- It was a bad move by the WWE to try and cover its ass by coming out and saying that steroids played no part in the Chris Benoit murder-murder-suicide.
- I, too, would throw it to Linda Cohn.
- Did anyone else notice this morning that the Royals have more wins than the White Sox?
|Bret + Jemaine = Hilarious|