Thursday, April 10, 2008

GoCM's News and Views

From time to time, I'll go ahead and straight up sleaze an idea away from someone else. because that's how I roll. Here, and with no apologies to Larry King or Seaward, GoCM's News and Views.

  • The Tigers won a game. Great. I think I'll go piss my pants.

  • In order: Masters > British > US Open > The Players > The Memorial > The PGA. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

  • I may be the only Buckeye fan in the world who wasn't shouting for joy when Terrelle "Superman" Pryor signed on to wear Scarlet and Grey. What did the last hyped-up frosh with a checkered past bring to Columbus?

  • A national championship? Oh...nevermind.

  • I grew up reading and enjoying Rick Reilly but after reading Big Daddy Drew's thoughts on the guy, I'm ready to drink the Kool-Aid.

  • Missing Links is still okay in my book, though (see what I did there?)

  • RichRod and the Wolves (sounds like a UM undergrad's Rock Band career name) will win 6 games this year, and none of them in Columbus proper.

  • Hey David Stern: there's something wrong with a league where the 9th best team in one conference would have home-court in the other conference.

  • There again, I can offer no solution to this mess. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics win the whole damn thing.

  • Hockey playoffs started... apparently. I'll let Seaward take you the rest of the way once Dallas bows out in round 1 again.

  • Also on the subject... if you're into photoshopped pictures, mindless chatter and the Pittsburgh Penguins (must check two of three to apply) then The PensBlog is for you.

  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall has plenty of potential (Judd Apatow producing, Jason Segal writing and a cast of 40YOV/Knocked Up/Superbad alums) but, like all of the Apatow movies, will probably be 15-20 minutes too long.

  • But, again, as I am more often than not wont to state problems while giving no answers, I can't think of anything that I would eliminate from any of the three above-mentioned movies, can you?

  • Speaking of cutting 20 minutes out of movies, how about the last 20 minutes of Bull Durham? There wasn't even a shot of one of Susan Sarandon's crusty old tits! Have Nuke tell Crash "Good luck" and then have Annie say that Crash broke the record and end it at that.

  • Jamar Butler wins the award for best reaction to winning the NIT: "That's what happens when you put an NCAA Tournament team in the NIT. They walk through it..." Well said, sir - you'll be missed.

  • Hitting up the ATM the day before payday is like getting hit in the nards with a baseball on the way out of a store where you just bought a cup. Painful and irritating all at the same time.

  • Seriously - fuck you for that ending, Ron Shelton.

No comments: