Friday, May 25, 2007

Wraping it up...

"Do you wanna dance?

With you?

No...With my father?

I'm Roger.

They call me...they call me...Mimi"

***************************

I'm in no way against drunken voice mails at the wee hours of the morning (just ask your ex-girlfriend - HEY-OHHHHHHHH) but I am rather perplexed by one I received last night. It was from fellow sports elitist JTBI who called me while singing a song from the mid 90s musical "Rent". The lyrics are above. And it wasn't one of the better-known songs, like "Seasons of Love" or "What you Own" (which everyone knows, admit it or not). It was from the song, "Would you Light my Candle". I would have assumed he would have sent me a VM of him singing "We Built This City" or maybe a bar from Phil Collins's immortal classic, "Easy Lover", but a rather obscure song from "Rent"? Your best guess.


Anyway, here are some links to finish our day:

  • Deadspin.com's Cultural Oddsmaker

http://deadspin.com/sports/dong/who-will-win-the-2007-scripps-national-spelling-bee-261487.php

While this isn't the current Oddsmaker (I get the feeling AJ Daulerio is swimming in a pool of his own [insert bodily fluid here] as we speak, hence no update this week yet) last week's was a gem.

  • A "tribute" to ESPN Classic

http://futureconsiderations.blogspot.com/2007/05/rip-espn-classic.html

Future Considerations watched ESPN Classic and found nothing (save for American Gladiators, naturally) classic at all.

  • Dan Shanoff's new blog

http://www.varsitydad.com/

While I really don't like Dan Shanoff too much, this is an interesting blog and may be promising enough to merit my time while I'm at work.

  • Cheerleader of the Week on KSK

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/05/im-just-mad-about-saffron-saffrons-mad.html

This is by far the best football blog out there due, mainly, to their lack of football-related posts and the incredibly good use of foul language and storytelling, in that order. This is pretty funny, but then again, the whole blog is. Read on.

No comments: