Monday, July 30, 2007

The Morning After on TSE / TSE Birthday Bash - 7.30.2007

We'll go ahead and keep things rather easy this morning (it was a long weekend and my head is barely on straight two days after my last adult beverage) for two rather special birthdays today, one of which is only slightly belated.

July 29, 2007
Happy birthday and Happy Arrival to JTBI's newest family member, John DeMuesy Okuma, who was born to JTBI's sister and brother in law sometime yesterday. Having spoken to the family, I learned last night that the family was strongly considering the name "Christopher" (and what a name it would have been, strong and masculine, yet sensitive and caring...) but decide on John instead. TSE wishes the family strong helpings of both Mazel Tov as well as a glass-raising l'chaim.

July 30, 2007
And now I get to say a Happy Birthday to my old man, David Kopech. Though he'll never read this blog except to criticize it (I'm guessing) I think it's only fair to be able to tell the masses about this man's birthday. Born to Al and Nancy Kopech in 1952, he's come a long way from Cranston East High School in Rhode Island to Columbus, Ohio, a distance of 728 miles. In college, he was sports editor for The Hoya, Georgetown University's "Newspaper of Record Since 1920". Currently, he's trying to stick it to the man in Columbus by promoting "games of skill" (not "games of chance"..enjoy the picture at the right) to the powers that be in Ohio. Hopefully that will be successful so that he will keep paying for me to golf with him. Anyway, happy birthday to the old man. I think we're seeing the Simpsons tonight. Should be a blast.

More later on the unbearable cruelty that is rooting for teams in the city of Columbus.

No comments: